Pre-Order the upcoming release, One Lost Day by Indigo Girls, and get a limited* autographed CD booklet with purchase!
Amy Ray and Emily Saliers are Indigo Girls. Rolling Stone describes them as the "ideal duet partners. Their voices soar and swoop as one, alternately raucous and soothing. When they sing together, they radiate a sense of shared purpose that adds muscle to their lanky, deeply felt folk-tinged pop songs". Together they write, arrange, record and perform music which over the course of twenty five years has become a vital part of the lives of their legion of devoted fans around the world, informing and rewarding them day to day.
With twelve original studio albums, three live records, various Greatest Hits compilations, a Rarities and a Christmas record to their credit, the iconic duo continues to challenge itself creatively, over and over again, adding to a body of work that contains such contemporary classic songs as Galileo, Shame on You, Closer To Fine, Kid Fears, Love of Our Lives, Making Promises, Get out the Map, Moment of Forgiveness, Least Complicated and Go. After numerous Grammy nominations and awards and gold and platinum certifications and decades of touring in clubs, arenas and everything in between, Indigo Girls remain active and relevant, always viewing their music as a fresh opportunity for exploration and discovery. "We really work hard to not lean on any tried and true path in making our albums," says Ray. "So when it comes to writing new songs and working and performing with different musicians, every record and every tour feels like a completely different adventure for us."
Decades into their career, the Indigo Girls still amaze conventional pundits with their ability to grow and thrive no matter what the state of the music industry is at any given point. The duo's constant touring, as well as staunch dedication to a number of social and environmental causes, has earned them a fervidly devoted following over the years. So many artists who launched their careers in the late 1980s have slipped from our collective memory. In contrast, the Indigo Girls stand tall, having earned the lasting respect and devotion of a multi-generational audience which continues to experience their creative evolution in the studio and on stage. The adventure may take the form of an adrenaline-fueled live CD or a warm reflective holiday album or a collection of songs that can veer from the raucous to intimate in the blink of an eye. No matter where their creative journey takes them, they hold out a hand to their listeners and we get to feel it all.
Indigo Girls' U.S. Tour Dates:
- 6/17 - Meijer Gardens - Grand Rapids, MI
- 6/19 - Ann Arbor Summer Festival - Ann Arbor, MI
- 6/21 - nTelos Wireless Pavillion - Charlottesville, VA
- 6/23 - The Orange Peel - Asheville, NC
- 6/24 - Track 29 - Chattanooga, TN
- 6/26 - Chastain Park - Atlanta, GA
- 7/5 - Humphrey's by the Bay - San Diego, CA
- 7/7 - El Rey - Los Angeles, CA
- 7/8 - Montalvo Arts Center - Saratoga, CA
- 7/9 - Montalvo Arts Center - Saratoga, CA
- 7/12 - Woodland Park Zoo - Seattle, WA
- 7/14 - Edward A. Kenley Centennial Amphitheater - Layton, UT
- 7/15 - Chautauqua Auditorium - Boulder, CO
- 7/16 - Eaux Claires Music Festival - Foster Farms, Eau Claire, WI
- 7/17 - Weesner Amphitheater - Apple Valley, MN
- 7/19 - Capitol Theater - Madison, WI
- 7/21 - Vic Theatre - Chicago, IL
- 7/24 - Bergen Perfoming Arts Center - Englewood, NJ
- 7/25 - Performing Arts Center - Westhampton Beach, NY
- 7/26 - XPoNential Festival - Camden Waterfront, Camden, NJ
- 7/28 - Wolf Trap - Filene Center - Vienna, VA
- 7/29 - Freeman Stage at Bayside - Selbyville, DE
*Offer valid only with purchase of One Lost Day. This special offer is valid for domestic (U.S.) orders only. Pre-ordered CDs shipping with promotional items are limited to (5) per customer. Autographed CD booklets will be available while supplies last, newburycomics.com will post information when autographed booklets are sold out.