AUTOGRAPHED CD BOOKLETS SHIPPING WITH THIS RELEASE ARE SOLD OUT!
My Morning Jacket arrived at Northern California's Stinson Beach in late 2013 thinking only about making an album. The band was not prepared to be seduced.
But within a couple of days, Jim James, Tom Blankenship, Patrick Hallahan, Carl Broemel and Bo Koster were in love with Panoramic House, a studio perched on a hillside overlooking the ocean. The natural beauty of the surrounding landscape and almost mystical serenity flooded them with a charged sense of possibilities.
"For me, every record has the spirit of where we made it," said James, singer, guitarist and primary songwriter. "Stinson Beach was so psychedelic and focused. It was almost like we lived on our own little moon out there. It feels like you're up in the sky."
Throughout its 16 years, My Morning Jacket has always had a healthy respect for living in the moment and the inherent mysteries of creativity. They gladly took the inspiration that Stinson Beach was offering and crafted a sparkling new album, The Waterfall, that touches on aspects of the band's celebrated past while pushing forward with a giddy assurance.
Notions of change crop up throughout the album, as does James' longstanding exploration of spirituality. But there's a crucial difference: On The Waterfall, there are fewer questions and more action. Spirituality has become grounded and made real. "I feel like I still don't know how to explain anything," James said, "but I feel like I've accepted that and I'm just trying to live."
"What fused this record is, I feel like it's a weird turning point for the universe. I feel like so many people I know are getting divorced or having kids. There's so much change going on and I feel like, for me, that one chapter has ended. And if you're looking at a book, there's a hand flipping the page up and it's in between the chapter you just finished and the one that's getting ready to start.
"That's kind of the sound of this record, and my life, the sound of the page turning and not being sure what's coming next."
My Morning Jacket's North American Tour Dates:
- 5/15 - Georgia Theatre - Athens, GA
- 5/16 - Hangout Music Fest - Gulf Shores, AL
- 5/16 - Tennessee Theatre - Knoxville, TN
- 5/17 - Hangout Music Fest - Gulf Shores, AL
- 5/23 - Boston Calling - Boston, MA
- 6/03 - State Theatre at Playhouse Square - Cleveland, OH
- 6/04 - Stage AE - Pittsburgh, PA
- 6/05 - Governors Ball Music Festival - New York City, NY
- 6/06 - Field Trip Fest - Toronto, ON Canada
- 6/07 - Field Trip Fest - Toronto, ON Canada
- 6/09 - Chicago Theater - Chicago, IL
- 6/10 - Chicago Theater - Chicago, IL
- 6/11 - Chicago Theater - Chicago, IL
- 6/13 - Bonnaroo - Manchester, TN
- 6/16 - The Fillmore - Detroit, MI
- 6/17 - The Fillmore - Detroit, MI
- 6/19 - Gentlemen Of The Road Stopover - Waverly - Waverly, IA
- 6/20 - Riverside Theatre - Milwaukee, WI
- 6/21 - Riverside Theatre - Milwaukee, WI
- 6/23 - Palace Theater - Columbus, OH
- 6/24 - Palace Theater - Columbus, OH
- 6/26 - Northrop Auditorium - Minneapolis, MN
- 6/27 - Northrop Auditorium - Minneapolis, MN
- 7/17 - Forecastle Festival @ Waterfront Park - Louisville, KY
- 7/18 - Forecastle Festival @ Waterfront Park - Louisville, KY
- 7/19 - Forecastle Festival @ Waterfront Park - Louisville, KY
- 7/21 - nTelos Wireless Pavillion - Charlottesville, VA
- 7/22 - Artpark - Lewiston, NY
- 7/25 - XPoNential Music Festival - Camden, NJ
- 7/26 - Merriweather Post Pavilion - Columbia, MD
- 7/28 - Red Hat Amphitheatre - Raleigh, NC
- 7/29 - Time Warner Cable Uptown Amphitheatre - Charlotte, NC
- 7/31 - Bold Sphere Music at Champions Square - New Orleans, LA
- 8/01 - St. Augustine Amphitheater - St. Augustine, FL
- 8/03 - Fillmore Miami Beach - Miami Beach, FL
- 8/04 - Hard Rock Live - Orlando, FL
- 8/07 - Fox Theatre - Atlanta, GA
- 8/08 - Fox Theatre - Atlanta, GA
- 8/10 - BJCC Concert Hall - Birmingham, AL
- 8/12 - Peabody Opera House - St. Louis, MO
- 8/13 - Starlight Theatre - Kansas City, MO
- 8/14 - Red Rocks Amphitheatre - Morrison, CO
*Offer valid only with purchase of The Waterfall: Deluxe Edition. This special offer is valid for domestic (U.S.) orders only. CDs shipping with promotional items are limited to (5) per customer. Autographed CD booklets will be available while supplies last, newburycomics.com will post information when autographed booklets are sold out.
Click the link
below for more